Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

ultra lightweight discs for kids

What's happenin' in Wichita
Jethro33

ultra lightweight discs for kids

Post by Jethro33 »

Do you have kids or know of kids that want to start playing disc golf?

Well let me know because I have gotten in contact with Jay Reading and the EDGE program to get light weight discs in the hands of kids.

$5.95 + s/h for 125-130 gram Skeeters to get them started.
Disc Golf Mania!
jtkustomizer

Re: ultra lightweight discs for kids

Post by jtkustomizer »

Is there anything else besides skeeters.....possibly some putters. I have kids in my neighborhood plus my daughter wil need some pretty quick.
Life's Circumstances will make you either Bitter or Better...
...Its your Choice
The only way out is through!!!!!
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

Skeeters are what they use in the EDGE program.
Disc Golf Mania!
DUH

Post by DUH »

Wouldn't it be awesome to get some clinics going for kids here? Yea, I'm working on that...

I know there's other lightweight stuff besides Skeeters. Let me talk to these guys at Youth Disc Golf & see what they offer. I'll keep you posted

Another thought, since my son used to play... He usually didn't care about the weight so much as the cool stamps & dyes. I always told him he can probably throw the lighter stuff farther, but he does just as well with 170s as his 150 class discs.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

There are two big clinics going on this Saturday.

Yeah, I've never noticed much gain in distance with lighter plastic, even at slower throwing speeds. Just harder to control. I think the main thing is getting very understable discs in their hands that will actually fly straight. One thing cool about the lightweight putters, or premiums, is they make great catch discs.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

why dont you guys just load up the club disc supply with some of the light weight and 150 class discs? make them availible for kids and every one else too. I know i like a 150 avenger in my bag and i also have been playing disc with a friends son who could use some lighter weight stuff. but this stuff is no where to be found and for some reason disc golf mania isn't stocking disc hardley at all. can never find what your looking for there.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Because they don't sell. I do keep a couple 150s around and they will go years before they sell. Say there is someone out there who wants discs that light and would actually buy them. Then what are your chances of having the model they want. Instead of 275 discs, we'd have to stock 1000. A lot of times people wont buy discs if they are just 2 grams below max weight. So we have mostly heavy weight discs.

I always throw it out there that if someone wants something special ordered, I am more than willing to oblige.