Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, January 29th

What's happenin' in Wichita
Schoen-hopper

Re: 23rd Annual Wichita Ice Bowl, January 29th

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Thanks for those bringing baskets. There are a lot of "maybes" right now. So if you have something you can bring, go ahead and bring it and let me know so I can write you down. Same thing goes for food for the pot luck.

Not sure if I will be able to get party cards from Fox & Hound this year. Looking for any items players or sponsors could donate for raffle prizes. As in previous years, all mulligans bought will get you a raffle ticket. We do have a basket in our possession we will be giving away.

Keep in mind for donation checks: If you want to deduct this money on your tax return, it would be best to make the donation checks payable to the KS Food Bank. Then you can get your donation statement from the Food Bank.
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

I will be bringing my m-14 as a standby ... we can use it for practice basket if we already have enough heavy duty baskets. And I'll be bringing a crock pot of my chicken noodle soup again. Plus, I'll take the lid off the back of my truck and we can use it to help place baskets. How early do I need to be there for that?

Finally, everyone .... we'll be looking to keep you up to date on the Ice Bowl and all ACDGC Events and news with our new facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ACDGC and our website http://www.acdgc.com I've got the calender updated there with league times and places and Ice Bowl info. Also, you can renew your ACDGC membership online now for the reduced price until after the Ice Bowl. (it does cost a dollar more online to offset processing fees) New members and late renewals can be done there year round. Hey, sorry to get off topic here. Just wanted to let you know about the improvements we're trying to make to make it easier for you all to stay up to date on what's happenin' with the club.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Huge help Jer. You could show up just before 9am, get registered, and by that time or shortly after there should be some baskets to take out to the course. Should be several other people who can help with this. Don't forget to grab a course map. I should have all the basket locations (and tees) flagged that Friday or Saturday.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

A bigger version of the map.

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Same as last year:

Sponsorship Incentive

If you or your business wish to donate extra money to the event, you can use this money to buy mulligans if you wish. All mulligan sales will come with a raffle ticket, (except the 2 you get for free). If you are really trying to help this event go over the top of our goal and are recruiting additional outside sponsorship, you can also use some of this money to spend on tickets as well. 25% of the sponsorship value up to $40 can be used to purchase extra mulligans. You should get the OK from your sponsor if you intend to use the money for entry fees, since only a portion of this money will be going to the donation effort.
Example: John Dough gets a sponsorship of $120 from Snowmobilia. He decides he wants all of this money to go to the Food Bank, so he pays his own entry of $30. J.D. would get 25% of $120 or, $30, equal to 15 extra mulligans.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Haven't received any early Food Bank donations yet, but we have brought in some sponsorship to benefit the players.
Everyone will receive a voucher for a Freddy's Frozen Custard combo meal. Up to $9 value! We will have a Fox & Hound $100 party card, an Innova traveller basket, and some full color Ice Bowl Buzzz's for the raffle. Several CTP prizes. And again, there will be a F&H Party Card for low score for the tournament. KDGA Food Drive discs may be available. As usual, everyone will get an Ice Bowl mini and there will be plenty of Ice Bowl merch available for sale. ACDGC discs just in as well. All profits to be added to the donation!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Also, I will have membership forms available.

KDGA- You have to be a current 2011 member to get your 10 points for attending this Ice Bowl / Food Drive event. Sign up with me and I'll get it turned in to Mace.

ACDGC- The Ice Bowl is the last day for 2010 members to renew for only $10. Otherwise it is $15.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

$1 will be deducted from each entry fee for an ace fund. The ACDGC will add $50 to the ace fund if it is hit. Mulligan drives WILL count for the ace fund! Almost every hole on the course is aceable.

If no ace is hit, the ace pool will be donated to the Food Bank.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

As of now, we are right on the number for baskets. If anyone is unsure whether or not to bring one, please bring it. We may need it if someone doesn't show.
jlsherwood

Post by jlsherwood »

Anyone that can commit to bringing some food for the pot luck lunch (main dish, deserts, chips, drinks, etc) please let me know via the club contact page http://www.acdgc.com/contact.php We need to have a good idea ahead of time what to expect. Don't need any surprises that might leave us with some cold and hungry disc golfers :evil: Spread the word! and visit the club facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ACDGC to keep up. See you on the 29th!
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

I have a raffle disc prize to donate.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Thanks Fluty!!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Russ Trice is throwing a first run Star TeeDevil in for the raffle!
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Women welcome! Players and non-players alike. My wife will be there to help. But it's always a better time when someone else is there. My cousin may be coming.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Crispin is kicking in some hand eye gear! Keeps getting better.

I'll be out at the course doing the trimming and flagging tomorrow (Friday). 4pm till dark. Anyone wants to come out and help me out and throw a few holes, that would be cool.