Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
discscout

Re: KDSSF Scholarship Tourney @ Tick Ranch

Post by discscout »

We raised somewhere above $700. This is from donations, entry fees, mullies and donated goods used as prizes. Thank you to all that participated. Donations came from Buddy Kassner, Bill & Terry's Prize money; (Both playing in their first Sr Grand Master Tourney), Mike schoenhofer, Lee Allsman, Robin Reimer, Cliff Zollman and the Walnut Valley Disc Golf Association.

Winning Open and the entire tourney- Ben Maass with a 97 I am not sure how many times he has won here but this is at least the second time.
Open Women- Robin Reimer 119
Master- Curtis Broadhurst - 100
Cliff Zollman- 108
Grand Master- Dave Richardson- 100
Buddy Kassner- 105
Bart Patton- 110
Senior Grand Master- Bill Paulson- 106
Terry Burley- 112
Advanced Am- Jeff Vest - 104
Jason Adkins - 106
Bryan Grosbach- 117
Am II- Brandon Rusk - 105
Loyd Majors- 112
Arty Hicks - 113
Jarod Wiens- 114
Stephen Volbrock (Lizard)- 115
Mike Daniels- 116
Russ Trice- 117
Don Zimmerman- 121
Am Master- Greg Boebo Larmer- 108
Lee Allsman- 132
Am Grand Master- Randy Sullard- 105
Tom Diener- 120
Am Women- Krista Adkins- 169
Novice- Steven Deere- 121
Brian Brandos- 130
Alex Zollman - 135
Steven and Alex are both middle school students in Winfield. I was lucky enough to play with these two at league on Wednesday and let me tell you Open players. As these two mature, they will move right up the ranks into Pro in short order and do well. I forsee these two as future scholarship recipients as they are a year apart in age.
CTP's were won by Dave Richardson, PRO; Mike Daniels, AM; Alex Zollman- NOVICE
discscout

Post by discscout »

The 2012 Tourney is slated for March 24th, a Saturday. I just about have Jeff talked into 4 more holes so there will be 22 holes to play. The new holes will be out in the pasture with a couple of them pretty long. They will play along the draw out back. I will keep you posted for what will happen. New trophies are looking good. At least 50 will receive them.
discscout

Post by discscout »

Yep- This year will have 22 holes Including one from the top of the hill. That is the long one. The four holes are added after hole 4. If it is a real windy day, we may shorten them up some. To be decided later. If you don't know, Jeff now has a disc eating dog. The dog will be pinned or chained or shot the day of the tourney. If you want to play before the tourney you must call and leave a message so Jeff will attend to the dog. Please don't bring your animals or pets along.
discscout

Post by discscout »

The prices will remain the same- cheap to play. Open and Adv- 35. All other Pro 30. Nov & Jr 20. All other Am 25. This covers $1 ace, $2 Kdga fee, and $5 taken out for funding the scholarship. There are 22 holes this year. After hole 4, cross into the pasture and play a birdie hole, a par hole, a bogie hole and a birdie hole. Holes 7 and 17 will have two tees, morning and afternoon. 7 is in the pasture from the top of the hill. 17 is the one from last year (old 13) that had two tees. There will be the possibility of buying lunch on site. Don't know the details but I assume similar to last year. Feel free to bring your own lunch. The scholarship gets nothing from this service. The nearest fast food is 10 miles away and there may or may not be time to make the trip depending on when you come in from your morning round. Oh, and there are trophies for the top 50 players; thanking you for your donation.
mwilson

Post by mwilson »

Will there be doubles Friday?
discscout

Post by discscout »

That is not currently planned. Partially due to the weather this week, there are a ton of preperation jobs that have been postponed until Friday. While there will be people around, they will be busy getting things set up and finalized for Saturday. There very well could be doubles after the event however. Has been a few times in the past but not always.
tallguy007kc

Post by tallguy007kc »

What's the address? I'm new to the area, and I can find my way to Rose Hill. Just don't know where exactly to go. I'm wanting to play this....and you thought I was gonna say "giggity"...lol
James "Tallguy" McLaughlin
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

On the East, 5/8" miles South of 47th St S. (150th in Butler Co.) on Tawakoni Rd.
Jethro33

Post by Jethro33 »

What time is sign up, player meeting, tee off ... etc?
Disc Golf Mania!
smitty

Post by smitty »

Jethro33 wrote:What time is sign up, player meeting, tee off ... etc?

Yo Cop!

I am pretty sure the tee time is 10:00 since we will not be rushed for daylight. I would assume the meeting will be around 9:30.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

smitty wrote: Yo Cop!
Run it's the fuzz!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

Boebo wrote:My Lil lady thought the trophy was so cool she promptly put it on the fireplace mantle.....thanks Bill!

Great tourny, Great people, Great cause, Great time had by all....Thanks Jeff!
I couldn't say it any better this year than I did last!

For all you dummies that didn't come out and play, you truly missed a great one today.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
smitty

Post by smitty »

It really was a great day to be outside. I am sunburned and keep feeling ticks all over my body. I am yet to find one but I know they are there.

Thanks a ton Jeff and Bill. You guys really have a great thing going with this event. I plan on having a little Smitty collect on it in 10 years.

What about those Valley Boys? I picked up the win in Open. Shan took it to the Masters (they better get use to that), Twitch took it to the Advanced (they better get use to that), BoeBo took it to the Advanced Masters (there is hope for them when he starts playing Open Masters), Arty took it to the Intermediate division (better start answering my Squatch calls).

The BBQ smelled AWESOME, wish we wouldn't have had a trunk full of food to eat.

Thanks again Bill and Jeff for all your work.
Swede

Post by Swede »

I was all set to say what a good time I always have with the valley boys, how friendly, hospitable, blah blah blah. Now I know why y'all were in such a good mood at lunch! Did ya bring anybody that didn't win? And you forgot to mention Shan's plethora of CTP's and 1/2 an ace pot.

While I enjoy the company, I am getting a little tired of the 'ol second place Handeye-Tie. :x Bo it was awesome to watch you play today. Almost got Sleepy Hollow AGAIN the second round--had to settle for a deuce on the next one instead.

We had a nice couple weeks without Smitty. Then he had to show up and hit every stinkin putt. Stacey, I think he needs to look after the boys next weekend.

I was glad to find out that the course was really fun. All I could remember from the last time was pain, misery, and the wrong end of cedars. For those of us that don't throw thumbers, you need a bunch of shots in the bag to play that course. I think I threw a spike so straight it turned into a Spunk Hyzer.

Hats off to Jeff and Bill for getting 22 holes ready to play. That has to be a ton of work.

Kudos for running the event for a good cause; and cheers to all who showed up to support it.
Throw Millennium.
smitty

Post by smitty »

b dale wrote: Did ya bring anybody that didn't win?
One of the OV''s didn't win. Dave came up short in his quest to cheat his way to a win in GrandMasters.
b dale wrote: Bo it was awesome to watch you play today. Almost got Sleepy Hollow AGAIN the second round--had to settle for a deuce on the next one instead.
Thought we decided that was called a doughex?