Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Discs Unlimited Open March 31, 2012

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

Re: Discs Unlimited Open March 31, 2012

Post by Swede »

I left so quickly I don't even know who won. By my count, Ron or R/B needed another -11 to keep Smitty from snatching victory from the second card. R/B did something similar to Ron last year.

Any guesses as to what sort of K-Rating Smitty's -15 will have? I'm thinking 1075ish.

Thanks as always to the Vahsholtz clan. Whether or not the field is capped at 80 next year, I'll be signing up early for this one.
Throw Millennium.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Thanks Dennis and Crew! That was a blast as always.

Swede I am sure you computer will blow up when you try to figure that K-Rating. You may want to buzz down to the public library and use one of theirs for the day.

What is this talk about 80 people?

We did have a nice little wait at the end of the second round, it was only 3 cards deep. :shock: The rate that T-Rude and I played the second round guaranteed no back-ups for us. There may have been a traffic jam behind us.

2 observations.

Hole 5 I don't think many people knew their was OB behind the basket. But the sidewalk was safe. I say turn that sucker into an island. A little string from the sidewalk to the pond just outside both trees. Go to the drop if you don't make it (Which may have been a harder shot then the tee shot!)

Hole 18 If you hit the building you were OB. I don't know that everyone was aware of that was the case. Maybe a sign on the tee that says, "Don't hit the building, it is OB.
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

Well done Dennis & the rest of the Discs Unlimited crew! Yet another fun tourney in Herington!
Come to Manhattan. Play our courses.

PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

smitty wrote:
Hole 18 If you hit the building you were OB.
Yep! I still can't believe I couldn't count mine as an ACE, even though I called it "off the building & the hole" before I took the tee box.

I guess I should be happy with my "Circle 2"!

Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

That's crazy.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

Really, this was the shot??? Impossible!

kselrod

Post by kselrod »

iqbal wrote:Really, this was the shot??? Impossible!

Not really! Let me paint this picture for you...

A HARD throwing lefty that threw so hard it skipped off the roof of the metal building. And while it hyzered out, a gust of wind picked it up (we all know how windy it was that day) and lifted it up and over the tree line and slammed it back door into the chains. Yeah that's what happened! See, and you thought it was impossible...lol.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Results can be found here:

Results
R/B

Post by R/B »

Thanks once again Dennis,Family, and crew. Spectacular Tourney as always. Lots of fun Lots of sun & Lots of guns! The talent that shows up here is amazing. Had a great time shooting with everyone on my card both rounds. Congrats Smitty on a great win! I knew when you were checking out our first round card things were about to happen. The great ones know how to juice up the inner switch and find the momentum. Ron perhaps you shouldn,t shoot so hot , first round so you can capture another win here again, that is a win from behind which seems to be the strategy at Herrington.
Swede

Post by Swede »

K-Rated results

Adjust tab in lower left corner to "DU."

Smitty's 2nd round beat down is a new K-Rating record @ 1065. That is primal.

Also tip your hat to Kintzel, Converse, and R/B who continue this year's trend of Master's aged players keeping younger arms in check.

Edit-- 32 "New" Players at this tournament--meaning they didn't play an OZ tour event last year!
Throw Millennium.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

The DU tourney lived up to the long tradition of wonderful events. Kudos to Smitty for playing a very clean round. The Vaschultze's hospitality is phenomenal, truly...Those folks who didn't attend missed out on a very fine time.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

R/B wrote: Ron perhaps you shouldn,t shoot so hot , first round so you can capture another win here again, that is a win from behind which seems to be the strategy at Herrington.
I think it was the misques both times which cost me. Smitty will be the first to tell you that as long as you make all the short putts, and throw a decent "approach drive", scoring well isn't a problem...I'm just upset the scores weren't better the first round! I don't think I've played there in finer weather.
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
PETRIE

Post by PETRIE »

So, what is the message board edicate when posting an April Fools Day joke.... when do I admit it didn't really happen? :-)

Oh, and congrats on the win Smitty!

kselrod

Post by kselrod »

PurpleRick wrote:So, what is the message board edicate when posting an April Fools Day joke.... when do I admit it didn't really happen? :-)

Oh, and congrats on the win Smitty!

Never, it's even funnier two years from now when someone at that tournament is talking about someone getting an ace that ricocheted off the building...lol.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

We've been duped.