Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

The Rock

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Darren B

Re: The Rock

Post by Darren B »

AS USUAL THE ROCK WAS AWESOME, THANKS SALINA FOR A GREAT WEEKEND
Darren B. - LRDGC
jnotty

Post by jnotty »

Thanks to Mace and everybody in Salina for making The Rock another unforgettable weekend!

I enjoyed every bit of all 80 holes played(dispite the bitching when I couldn't birdie), and thouroughly enjoyed all the fine golfers I got to play with.

See you at next years Rock.
Fair Weather Golfer
smitty

Post by smitty »

Guess I thought you guys were a little better? Missed my prediction by 5 stroke, not bad over 80 holes.

Nice win Ron. WAY TO GO RUDER! That is the kind of performance that can jump start a good run of tournaments. We might all be in trouble now.
crispinthomascarrasco

Post by crispinthomascarrasco »

It was awesome watching Ruder golf all weekend! The whole weekend ROCKED. I couldnt even give a proper speech after The Swede let me sip on that smooth Evan Williams. Hopefully I thanked Mace and crew for all their hard work before staggering off...that was the best Rock yet! the only thing that was missing was Smitty and Hickman.
Swede

Post by Swede »

K-Rated results under "ROC"
Throw Millennium.
gugs

Post by gugs »

Thanks to all the Salina members! Too many to list. I brought three new players this year, and they were Blown Away. Just 364 more days...
Swede

Post by Swede »

Ruder, you played awesome all weekend--especially after sleeping in a couch-fort. Ron, way to finish you cagey goat. I enjoyed playing a round with Quentin--solid, consistent golfer with a positive attitude. Hope he gets back on the scene. Unfortunately my round with him (and my back yard) looked like this Sunday morning Image

Congrats to Pudge on his first(?) win! Cheers to Speer for throwing the most consistent rounds of the weekend. Kintzel tossed a 61, 60, 60, 60 but with different pin locations-- Speer's 920, 921, 928, 920 was right down the middle.

Anyone think of a cooler shot than BUH Carrasco's park job on 16 Sunday morning? Full power, slight hyzer flip straight through the key-hole up the middle. Finished 18' short of the pin. Not many of us even considered throwing a lay-up to that opening. "Too Much Boogie" charges may be still be filed.

Please come forward if you pulled my mint condition, no-name, old Z wasp out of the water and put in on the lost and found table! You should at least be recognized if not rewarded. I bought that disc from DM4 @ the Rock 2 years ago. All the karma I was lacking on the course I received in plastic. Thanks, Layne, for fishing out my Xtreme. Kingpin, I pulled 7 birds Sunday aft with your putter. And Nasty, your Pred pinned pars on 3 and 8 and birds on 2, 10a, and 11.

See you next year when Ron will win it with Hesting and R/B right behind--Swede will forget his putters @ home and give everyone a chance. (Reverse Psychology mode activated)
Throw Millennium.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

Thanks to Mace and all the Salina crew that make this thing happen every year. It was about time I showed up for a Tourney. I will be back next year to try and get my name on that Advanced trophy. I talked two friends (New to The Rock) into playing this year. I told them not to miss it. The Rock is just not a tourney that people should miss out on in Kansas. As I said when I took the mic for the 1st time, "I had a Great F'ing Time".
BMFNT

Post by BMFNT »

I wanted to also thank Mace Man and all my friends that suggested I attend this tourney. Wow, is pretty much all I can say. I felt like I wasn't even in Kansas. The course set-up was amazing! I won't miss The Rock ever again. Way to go Russ, you killed it this weekend!

See ya in Manhattan!

BT
BT - ACDGC Communications Director
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

A Huge note of respect for all the hard work put in by the Salina crew, above and beyond for sure. Ruder played solid golf all weekend. Swede, are you sure about the k-Rating? I thought I killed it that last round looking for 1030-1040...Wow, what a great time! This is one of my favorite tourneys, I know I won't miss it by choice. Oh! and a traveling trophy! :D
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Kindy

Post by Kindy »

Careful "Dave" I don't want you bothering Chuck Kennedy abouut ratings. (Inside joke) I think the rating are about right. There were a couple of ams that shot good rounds in the afternoon on Sunday. Congrats to Ron and Pudge for their wins.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Ron, I think the course might have tricked your ego into running away a little. Every bucket that got moved for the final round got moved to an easier location (for RHBH). Run down the list, lots of folks shot 4 or 5 strokes better the final round. Scotty also shot a 7 and Wiggs and I shot 6's. In my case I felt like I left a bunch out there still-- missed 35' on 9, spit on 10a, and 3-putted from inside the circle on 13. It all comes down to who scores what, when. Ruder and King both shot -5 the middle 2 rounds; one was rated 1008, one was 1020.

But I checked with the spreadsheet and she assured me it was one her best guesstimates. She did say it helps if you buy her liquor.
Throw Millennium.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

Yeah, you are probably right. It wasn't the # of holes, it was how it got there while missing the easy ones. I guess they all count the same. :oops: On the subject of cool and strange shots, did you catch the throw into Andy's bag from off hole 1...I don't think I've ever done that before!
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

Has The Rock ever disappointed? Never, and I'm glad more people than ever had the ability to experience that this year.

What a great event and much appreciation goes out to all of the members of Salina's Disc Golf Club. The weather was some of the best I've ever been apart of at this tournament. The Rock just has those holes that will stay with you forever.

Hole 1 over the pond, One of the most picturesque hole's I've ever played.
Hole 2 on/under the rock, Don't be on the wrong level.
Hole 6 (The most underrated hole ever. Low ceiling, Uphill; Early Trouble, Evergreen Trouble on the left for those who couldn't commit, Huge evergreen on the right for those who tried to hard or over compensated and a wide open fairway for those with true aim. I'd be willing to bet the scoring average on that hole at 2.75, but most people have the ability to birdie it.ted
Hole 8 A great hole. Great Par 4.
Hole 9, Its best setting was the last round. ver
10. This hole played much better for flow than the hole it replaced and it was still hard because judging distance there was not easy
Hole 12. Opposite of Hole 6, Now you are throwing downhill with a low ceiling. Trouble and out of bands everywhere but the middle of the fairway. You better be shooting Arrows on this hole!
Hole 13. Hill to Hill, High in the Sky. Most people can throw that far but can they aim it just right on that elevation.
Hole 14. If you're talking to me about Island Shots in disc golf, I'm interrupting you to tell you about The Rock Hole 14. Boy does it get windy up there.
Hole 16. Speed, Pace, Momentum, Accuracy, Co-ordination. You better have a plan. You better be able to commit to it and you definitely better be able to execute it.
Hole 17. Were we talking about Island Holes? Cool... Cause this one you'll be shooting blind.
Hole 18. Steep, uphill, your best odds for birdie are landing under the basket.

I truly did have a great time and thank everyone for the encouraging words along the way. Ron is a tough player to beat for sure, congratulations to him. A big thanks to Stacy's parents for putting up with a bunch of disc golfers for a couple days, it really did make the trip much more affordable. And as always it was a pleasure to golf with everyone who was on my cards. I had 4 of the best cards in recent history.

Also, thanks to Randy Brown for a post game pep talk. He speaks wise words and I will be sure to listen.
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.