Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

2012 PITT Open - July 28 - Pittsburg KS

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
kselrod

2012 PITT Open - July 28 - Pittsburg KS

Post by kselrod »

Sarmiento

Re: 2012 PITT Open - July 28 - Pittsburg KS

Post by Sarmiento »

Cannot wait for this tournament!!
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Just received word that the city will allow camping at Schlanger Park and will keep the restrooms open for use Friday night. Also we are in the works of having personalized towels and neoprene koozie for players that preregister before July 25th with your name and pdga # if a member. Hope to have pics tomorrow.
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

In 2008 I picked up my first disc and ever since I dreamed of having a challenging 18 hole course installed in Pittsburg KS. A year later the PITT Disc Golf Club was formed and in 2010 the innagural PITT Open began to blossom. After four years of playing and enjoying the sport of disc golf I’m proud to announce that Pittsburg KS will be getting 18 Monkey Traps installed in Schlanger Park for this years 3rd Annual PITT Open. Concrete tee pads, signs and other additions will follow late summer into early fall as a result of two grants that were received for this new course. I would like to thank the City of Pittsburg Parks and Rec, Russ Burns and anyone else that has helped in making this dream a reality. Like some great events already in Kansas (i.e Glass Blown Open) we have started off small and continue to grow each and every year. We hope you join us this year as we prepare to make this the best PITT Open to date as we have dreams to take it one step further next year. Thanks for your Support!
Kevin Elrod, PITT Disc Golf Club

The 2012 PITT Open is sure to please as we hope to fill to capacity of 90 players and the possiblilty of expanding the course to 20 holes if need be. We begin on July 27th with the State Farm “Discount Double Check Doubles Tournament” with $250 added cash into the event by local area agents. We will also be giving away free hotel rooms as prizes for this bring your own partner format. Afterwards, we will have the Crawford County Convention Bureau Players Party which will provide a free meal for all those competing in either the doubles tournament or the PITT Open. These festivities will take place at the new Smokey Racks BBQ restaurant behind the Lamplighter Inn on north highway 69. Fun games and a putting competition will take place at this event. The PITT Open on July 28th will feature $750+ added cash into this year’s event with a free lunch provided between rounds by Kansasland Goodyear Tire. We hope to see you there!

Pre-registration is now available and extremely encouraged to reap the rewards of this year’s players pack. Each competitor will have a choice (first come, first serve) of a Millennium disc (Astra, JLS, Omega SS), a towel and a neoprene koozie. If you register before the July 25th cutoff date for player pack customization then your towel and koozie will be personalized with your name and PDGA # (if a member). Registration can be done one of two ways, by contacting Kevin Elrod at 620-249-8747 or pittdiscgolf@gmail.com or Russ Burns at 417-818-7165 or discgolfmonkey.com.
jnotty

Post by jnotty »

This tourney gets better every year!!! and it was already awesome :)

I will make my 3rd annual Pitt Open, and my first Friday night dubs.
Fair Weather Golfer
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

jnotty wrote:This tourney gets better every year!!! and it was already awesome :)

I will make my 3rd annual Pitt Open, and my first Friday night dubs.

Thanks for the support!
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

PRE-REGISTER before July 25th and recieve a personalized towel and koozie in your players pack.

kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Rumor has it we will have a couple of World Champs in attendance. Don't miss out on this event in Southeast Kansas as it will be the debut of our new course with Monkey Trap baskets. Hope to see you there!
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

NOTICE*****CHANGE IN FRIDAY NIGHT PLAYERS PARTY LOCATION*****NOTICE

THE PLAYERS PARTY WILL NOW BE AT SCHLANGER PARK FRIDAY NIGHT!

FOOD AND GAMES WILL BE AROUND THE SCHLANGER CENTER ON 6TH STREET!

CONTACT KEVIN 620-249-8747 IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

THANKS
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Time is running out on getting your personalized custom players pack! We will need your entry and info by the end of the day July 25th. Gives me two days to get things done among other things on my to do list. I may have some good news regarding the progress of our new course later today. Stay tuned!
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

ADDED TWO HOLES TO ALLOW FOR 100 PLAYERS AND WE ARE CURRENTLY AT 97 REGISTERED!!!
smitty

Post by smitty »

kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Names came in fast and furious this morning since the time I rolled out of bed. We are full as of 10am. I'm trying to get the pdga list updated as we speak now. We have a waitlist in case anyone drops out. Thanks
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Good news,

I've added a third extra hole and we will have one ghost card to allow us to max out at 110 players. everyone that called me and wanted on the wait list is now in with 2 spots remaining. Then another wait list will begin. WOW, thanks to all the players that have signed up for their support! I truly appreciate it.

Kevin
kselrod

Post by kselrod »

Full and back to another wait list.