Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ace Race, October 6th

What's happenin' in Wichita
Doug

Re: Ace Race, October 6th

Post by Doug »

Pretty sure it is a communication issue...It sounds like the the Club and the guy running it need to talk and get together on this.

I know he has the president's contact info and his contact info is posted in this thread so the president has his info.

It could be a win/win...
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

This is what I heard to day about the ace race at oak.

3 people showed up. they played the whole course like regular golf useing the ace race discs. they sold a couple mulligans.lol they gave away (kept for them self) a basket and about $300 bucks.( how or where they got the MONEYS for a basket and cash pay outs I have no idea) lol I think we need to contact them and see if the club can buy the rest of the ace race discs and take them to wellington for them to use for thier ace race since it looks like they will be getting a lot of wichita people .

this really pisses me off and I think the club should be pretty pissed to . some one of ACDGC athority should contact them and explain that there is a club and they stepped on alot of toes. . I was really hoping to play an ace race this year here in my own back yard not having to run to another town to do it. ACDGC does all the maintanace and raising of money for the baskets and I dont think another group should beable to come in and (throw tourneys) with out ACDGC approval. and their ($$$) cut to support the club and thier ace funds.

JUst my oppinion.. Rant over
Off my soap box now.
Chain smoker
pironix

Post by pironix »

disclizard wrote:This is what I heard to day about the ace race at oak.

3 people showed up. they played the whole course like regular golf useing the ace race discs. they sold a couple mulligans.lol they gave away (kept for them self) a basket and about $300 bucks.( how or where they got the MONEYS for a basket and cash pay outs I have no idea) lol I think we need to contact them and see if the club can buy the rest of the ace race discs and take them to wellington for them to use for thier ace race since it looks like they will be getting a lot of wichita people .

this really pisses me off and I think the club should be pretty pissed to . some one of ACDGC athority should contact them and explain that there is a club and they stepped on alot of toes. . I was really hoping to play an ace race this year here in my own back yard not having to run to another town to do it. ACDGC does all the maintanace and raising of money for the baskets and I dont think another group should beable to come in and (throw tourneys) with out ACDGC approval. and their ($$$) cut to support the club and thier ace funds.

Off my soap box now.
What are you talking about? It's scheduled for September 29th...
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Pironix wrote:
disclizard wrote:This is what I heard to day about the ace race at oak.

Off my soap box now.
What are you talking about? It's scheduled for September 29th...
I talked to Ryan at disc golf mania today. He said they (disc chasers) had the ace race out at oak this past weekend. And i am just passing along what he said. I think it Was this past weekend.
Chain smoker
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Quit trying to make it your business.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

Is any one going to go to this? I may show up just because i really like the discraft ace race players packes every year. but NO WAY would i play. unless some one who is sponcered by discraft and is a rep of discraft would step in and show them how to run an ace race and explain to them why selling Mulligans is redundant. Ace race = One disc One throw.
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

It looks like the Ace Race on Sept 29th is cancelled. ACDGC is looking to reschedule this. Will repost when I know date and location.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

looks like or is it cancelled for sure?
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Tyler, who was running it, let us know it is cancelled, and asked us to let everyone know.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

ok . Got to toss one of this years ace race discs . Seems to be something between a buzz and an impact. long slight fade will hold an anni line if thrown hard enough. SO..... Any Idea where we can get one of those player packs???
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

At the ACDGC ace race. I will let you know when.
ndick16

Post by ndick16 »

Well, I guess I checked this forum too late. Me and a couple other guys from the Newton area showed up at Oak Park this morning expecting an Ace Race. Too bad that nobody had the sense to inform the people who had already signed up. Would have been really nice to have an event like that here. Oh well...
Friz-Rocker

Post by Friz-Rocker »

I went out to Oak too. who in the hell is in charge?
When you have to choose between your woman and discgolf,don`t be stupid-choose the discgolf.
BuffaloMark

Post by BuffaloMark »

So the guys running the Oak Park Ace race killed our chances of having one on Oct 6th, and then they cancel thiers so there is no Ace Race this year?!?
Coueylicious

Post by Coueylicious »

Schoen-hopper wrote:It looks like the Ace Race on Sept 29th is cancelled. ACDGC is looking to reschedule this. Will repost when I know date and location.
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".