Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Ace Race, October 28th

What's happenin' in Wichita
mehuntdisc

Re: Ace Race, October 28th

Post by mehuntdisc »

I'm going to have to bail on the Ace Race - got to take my grandson to Emporia to meet his parents. Someone can have my pack.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Another ace race in the books. I think it was the 10th year, and ACDGC's 7th. Some history as I remember it...

2003 featured the Breeze, an understable mid. Not a huge hit with most, but I love it. Perfect for easy throws for long straight runs or a get out of trouble disc, when you can't get a full swing. Throws great at high altitude. Was there an ace race in Kansas the first year?
2004: Winfield got in on this. The Glide was another very flippy mid. It would "glide" nicely like a frisbee if you could throw it with touch though.
2005 featured the Slipstream GT, a funky thumb track driver. Flew terrible. I think WVDGA ran one in Mulvane, but the ACDGC wasn't yet in on this.
2006 was at N. Riverside by the scout house, using all temps except one. The Meteor was a hit. Bo Carrasco won it. Not sure if there were any aces the first few years. The holes have got a little shorter ever year to add to the ace count.
2007 was in Valley Center. Mike S won on a CTP playoff. Impact disc was a slightly understable mid with knurled grip.
2008 was in Mulvane. Buddy Kassner won. Nebula was an overstable mid that seemed pretty legit.
2009 was in Derby. Loyd won it with a couple of aces. Focus was a really good putter, especially in the D plastic. The course was really short and fun.
2010 was at Herman Hill. Mike S won it on a CTP playoff. The disc was the hornet, an overstable mid. Seems to have been popular since.
2011 was in Haysville. Ben Maass won it. Zeppelin was the disc, a flippy, oversized putter that was nearly useless in the wind. Seems like each year for the ace race disc is either a hit or a complete flop. The Haysville course was one of the funnest, but the spectacular water holes claimed a lot of victims with the newbies and better players alike!

This year's ace race was our biggest to date. Thanks to everyone for coming out! We had 30 packs and 45 players. Thanks very much to all those who sold a disc to make this work. Nobody was turned away. We'll try to do better next year. Thanks to everyone for staying patient with the photographers, families, and the course players. Hope the course was fun. Thanks to Steve Volbruck and Mike Speer for bringing baskets. I'm glad everyone seemed to make it through the water holes without losing many discs.

There were a lot of aces this year! Dennis Farrell and myself had 2 aces and a metal with 3 holes to play. That when Loyd banks a shot off the arch and into the bucket for his 2nd ace. With the ink still wet, Loyd crashes through some trees on the very next hole for his 3rd ace! Congrats on Loyd's 2nd ace race victory (4 discs and a disc golf bag). Mike Scho won the CTP playoff for 2nd place (3 discs). Dennis Farrell takes 3rd (2 discs). Here are the results:

Name Results Side Pot Payout
1 Loyd Majors 3A, 2M $22
2 Mike Schoenhofer 2A, 1M $13
3 Dennis Farrell 2A, 1M
4 Tyson Terhune 1A, 3M $13
5 Scott Parker 1A, 1M $8
6 Russ Trice 1A, 1M $8
7 Doug Dick 1A, 1M
8 Ty Herrington 1A, 1M $8
9 Chuck Evans 1A $5
10 Todd Palmer 1A $5 (left)
11 Brady Delp 4M $10
12 Joe Boller 3M $8
13 Steve Hilleary 3M $8
14 Aaron Suiter 3M $8
15 Ken Voth 2M $5
16 Mark Morris 2M
17 Brian Thompson 2M $5
18 Taylor Camp 2M $5
19 Phil Burnside 2M $5
20 Jeff Vest 2M $5
21 Andrew Ratliff 2M
22 Shane Crisler 2M
23 Steve Volbruck 1M $3 (left)
24 Adam Hartley 1M $3
25 Mike Unruh 1M
26 Lenny Edwards 1M $3
27 Tom Diener 1M $3 (left)
28 Jehramy Heckman 1M $3
29 Joe Belsan 1M $3
30 Todd Bryant 1M $3
31 Doug Mann - -
32 Cae Morris -
33 Anthony Rios -
34 Jared Lopez -
35 Luke Humphries - -
36 Larry Allen -
37 Rachel Safarik - -
38 Shannon Delp -
39 Mark Wilson -
40 Ernie Sweat - -
41 Ethan Pounds ?
42 Cooper Brian ? -
43 Dustin Pope ? -
44 Corey Harrison ? -
45 Josh Ermey ? -

Todd, Lizard, and Tom have side pot money coming that didn't get picked up.

We'll have 10 more packs available next week for those who couldn't get one. I have 7 spoken for. Make sure to hit up Russ at league Thursday (before 5pm) or at the Round Up. Or give Russ a call if you can't make those.
Darren Bottom
Ben Maass
Russ / Mark Wilson
Ethan Pounds
Todd Palmer
Ty Herrington
Tyler Deck
smitty

Post by smitty »

2003 Ace Race in Dodge City

Had people from as far as Norton show up.

Think we may have had around 20-25 players.
disclizard

Post by disclizard »

todd palmer gave me the cash for his pack because he wont be able to make it for league. Tom deiner wont be able to make it either so I am going to pick up their pay outs also. see ya thursday . oh and we had people (Jarod Lopez and his boss) from Ammirillo texas here for the ace race
Chain smoker
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Schoen-hopper wrote:
We'll have 10 more packs available next week for those who couldn't get one. I have 8 spoken for. Make sure to hit up Russ at league Thursday (before 5pm) or at the Round Up. Or give Russ a call if you can't make those.
Darren Bottom
Ben Maass
Ethan Pounds
Ty Herrington
Tyler Deck
Jeff Laha
These people still need to pick up their ace race pack. Russ will have them at the Round Up tomorrow.
Pudge19am

Post by Pudge19am »

If anyone wants a leftover pack from the ACE Race , I have 8 left. Let me know (Russ). $25 gets you two discs, a stainless steel waterbottle, Mini, Sticker, and Pair of Shades.
pm me or if you have my # call.
Geo95

Post by Geo95 »

What colors of the discs do you have in the packs? I would like to buy one.
Air Capital Lover!