Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Pecan Grove--Saturday May 4th 2013

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
opie

Pecan Grove--Saturday May 4th 2013

Post by opie »

Pecan Grove Tournament
Winfield, KS
May 4th
Players Meeting 9:45
Tee Off 10 AM Saturday

Open - $40
Masters - $40
Open Women - $40
Advanced - $35
Advanced Masters - $35
Advanced Women - $35
Intermediate - $30
Intermediate Women - $30
Recreational - $25
Juniors-$15
There must be 3 people to form a division.
Recreational and Juniors will get a disc when signing up. There will be a payout for recreational but not for juniors.
KDGA fee is included in your entry. There will be an additional/optional $5 ace fund. If there is no ace, there will be a throw off for the ace money. The cash and plastic divisions will throw off for their respective ace funds separately.

We will be playing the actual "Grove" course, not the shortened version some of you may have played at "The Frizz". We will try to get course info posted soon.

Directions:
From highway 77, go straight down main street (highway 77) to 14th street and turn west. The course is a block past the railroad tracks on the south side of the road.

From highway 160 coming from the west, the fairgrounds are about a mile from the edge of town (just past the Walnut River). Turn south at the fairgrounds and drive through them. The course is on the south side if the fairgrounds. If you cross the railroad tracks you just passed the fairgrounds.

From highway 160 coming from the east, drive through town (approximately 2 to 3 miles)you will go past 4 stop lights. As soon as your cross the railroad tracks the fairgrounds are on the south side of the road. Turn south at the fairgrounds and drive through them. The course is on the south side if the fairgrounds.
Last edited by opie on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My people skills are just fine, it's my tolerance for idiots that need work.
Boebo

Re: Pecan Grove--Saturday May 4th 2013

Post by Boebo »

Shan and I went out and started some course maintenance today! While there we established the length of the holes, the course total length is 7115'
#1. 534'
2. 402'
3. 354'
4. 576'
5. 318'
6. 486'
7. 315'
8. 306'
9. 330'
10. 316'
11. 369'
12. 351'
13. 357'
14. 450'
15. 645'
16. 309'
17. 400'
18. 297'
Last edited by Boebo on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
smitty

Post by smitty »

If I wasn't committed to going to Texas...I would be there for sure.

Smitty
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

8) New hole length info above!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
Artimus

Post by Artimus »

can we bring golf carts?
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Anybody up for a round of night golf this Friday night. I know me and a few friends are going to do it thought I would get the word out if anybody wanted to join in.
opie

Post by opie »

Artimus wrote:can we bring golf carts?
Sure.
SeeCamp wrote:Anybody up for a round of night golf this Friday night. I know me and a few friends are going to do it thought I would get the word out if anybody wanted to join in.
I am not sure if I will be able to play but I will try to meet you out there and explain the course. I will make sure to have the tee pads flagged for you.

What time?
opie

Post by opie »

The city mowed the rest of the course today.
That is the best I have seen it in a while.
Many thanks to the city crew.
SeeCamp

Post by SeeCamp »

Oh my guess would be around 9ish late enough for it to be dark but early enough to get to bed at a decent time. My number is 620-388-7312. We're going to hit town I would say around noonish on Friday and try to play a round or two to get familiar with the course.

I'm with you on the city employees. I love it when they bust there asses and make a course look pristine for the out of towner's. It shows they have pride in there city and what to make a great impression. Big round of applause for sure.
heater

Post by heater »

Two questions:

Do you have to be a KDGA member to participate?

How do you register?

Thanks
Coueylicious

Post by Coueylicious »

heater wrote:Two questions:

Do you have to be a KDGA member to participate?

How do you register?

Thanks
No, you do not have to be a KDGA member to play. All you need is yourself, money and frizzzbees. I assume registration will be morning of the event. Get there by 830 to register. Hope this helps.
"Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer".
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

We played league at the grove tonight, and the course is looking outstanding. A few more finishing touches on Friday after work , the course will be cherry!

We came to your town and supported your tournament, so please return the favor and support ours! This is a rare chance to play this course in the original design...you won't be disappointed in this course!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
zollmanator

Post by zollmanator »

Saturday, oh Saturday where art thou oh Saturday!
Come on and hurry up, I threw some holes last night with the guys playing league and that was the first time out in quite awhile. It felt pretty dam good to get my lazy butt out and play again. I like the grove course and now that it has been mowed sure makes it worth getting out. Dont make no excuses and miss this event, I no I wont. Bevis and Butthead will appreciate me getting out there for sure.
Never, under any circunstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxitive the same night.
opie

Post by opie »

Registration will start around 8:30 or 9:00.

SeeCamp wrote:Oh my guess would be around 9ish late enough for it to be dark but early enough to get to bed at a decent time. My number is 620-388-7312. We're going to hit town I would say around noonish on Friday and try to play a round or two to get familiar with the course.

I'm with you on the city employees. I love it when they bust there asses and make a course look pristine for the out of towner's. It shows they have pride in there city and what to make a great impression. Big round of applause for sure.
I will be at the grove off and on most of the day tomorrow. I will try to get the flags out early. The course is missing two baskets ( #6 and #13 ), there will not be baskets on those two holes until Saturday morning. Give me a call when you head down there.

Shan Mann 620-222-5447
Swede

Post by Swede »

Boebo wrote:We came to your town and supported your tournament, so please return the favor and support ours! This is a rare chance to play this course in the original design...you won't be disappointed in this course!
As if I needed anymore incentive :D
Throw Millennium.