Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

LONGVIEW DISC GOLF COURSE AT PERRY LAKE

General Disc Golf Chatter
Tito

Re: LONGVIEW DISC GOLF COURSE AT PERRY LAKE

Post by Tito »

Checked it out...its a great course and we 'bout got eaten alive by deer ticks...so we left before we could enjoy the whole course.
played 1-5 ...definitely looks amazing. Can't wait to get back out there, but something needs to be done about the ticks, they are everywhere!
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

Played here yesterday and while they were mowing the end sections of the course, a lot of the upper sections have dense undergrowth. After taking more than two hours and only finishing ten holes because I spent damned near half that time looking for discs in what should have been fairway grass, and after walking up to Hole 11 and seeing yet another uphill hole with no basket in sight but plenty of 24" high grass everywhere, I simply gave up, went and played Hole 18, which was as least somewhat bearable and finished. That's when I saw the damned ticks on my socks.

Lakeside Hills in Olathe which I played today is also full of them. I have pulled at least 15 of them off either me or my clothes since yesterday.

Like the design of the some of the Perry holes, but I won't be at either course again until something is done about the damned ticks.
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

Does anyone know if the grass is really high here on this course? Also are the ticks still super thick? I was needing to play this course and the ones in McLouth and Eudora and was trying to squeeze
in Perry on that trip as well but don't want to die from tick fever.
Any info would be helpful.
Thanks
Craig