Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 Doubles Oct 5th (Rebooted thread)

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Schoen-hopper

Re: 1880 Doubles Oct 5th (Rebooted thread)

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Last year it was 20 holes each round, and 104 (-16) won it. Did you make it tougher this year or was it the wind that brought the scores down a bit. One thing is for sure, that's a giant payout and probably the funnest tourney in KS. Wish I had played more (disc) golf this year.
smitty

Post by smitty »

The course was set up nearly the same...and the format was exactly the same. The combo of brisk wind (that worked against you on every water hole) and cold temps for the first time all year....made for a tougher day.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Yep, chilly wind meant I was stretching/warming up for at least half of the first round. And I even got to throw discs before the tournament started. Just wanted to say one more thanks to everybody who helped run this thing. I felt like you all took the pressure off this year--I still spent half the time panicking that I was missing something, but y'all had it under control.

I picked up some sunglasses after everybody had left. They are sitting on my dash until somebody claims them.
Throw Millennium.
Scottism

Post by Scottism »

Went fishing @ hole 22 yesterday, and was able to retrieve a few discs. I'll hold em till I run across you, or you can track me down to get em.
Daisuke,Fluty,Speer,Matt Newton, Austin Streit, Dobbins, MDW (Wisbey?), Alex Zollman, Ratzlaff,Stauf, Whillock, TB. Also got some others that weren't @ the tourney.
Flickster

Post by Flickster »

Sweet, my boss! Did you ever find a yellow destroyer, on hole one. It did not havr a name. Yellow Avery Jenkins, star destroyer.
CHAIN BISKITS
Scottism

Post by Scottism »

Found 26 total on 22.I pulled about 20 out of hole 1 the day of and sent them up to lost and found @ the park bench. Almost all were gone when I got up there. As for yesterday, I only looked @ 22. Heard some guys were swimming hole 1 earlier that day. Said they were taking them to lost and found @ DD, if you believe that, I don't. Two guys were swimming 23,24,&1 while I was there, think they got, like 6?
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Thanks Scott!
Newt

Post by Newt »

I know of 2 stiletto and a first run truth off of hole one that all have info (I don't believe I'll see them again, but, stranger things have happened.) Thanks Scott for the find AND the heads up. Solid bro.
SCFC
arobb

Post by arobb »

I was actually one of those guys in the pond early Saturday AM, and can tell you we found around 12 discs. Took 1 back to Kindy at DD in Emporia, found 2 of Nat Dick's, and then a set of no-namers. Wish we coulda helped a brotha out, Matt!
arobb

Post by arobb »

Oh - and Flickster - no yellow Avery Jenkins Star-D either. Sorry!
mwalker2002

Post by mwalker2002 »

Went fishing @ hole 22 yesterday, and was able to retrieve a few discs. I'll hold em till I run across you, or you can track me down to get em.
Daisuke,Fluty,Speer,Matt Newton, Austin Streit, Dobbins, MDW (Wisbey?), Alex Zollman, Ratzlaff,Stauf, Whillock, TB. Also got some others that weren't @ the tourney.
the MDW is mine, a stiletto. i'll be at elsworth and the great life
DaisukeT

Post by DaisukeT »

Thanks so much!!
Scottism wrote:Went fishing @ hole 22 yesterday, and was able to retrieve a few discs. I'll hold em till I run across you, or you can track me down to get em.
If there was a blue opto trident w/o name, that would be mine...
I was actually one of those guys in the pond early Saturday AM, and can tell you we found around 12 discs. Took 1 back to Kindy at DD in Emporia, found 2 of Nat Dick's, and then a set of no-namers. Wish we coulda helped a brotha out, Matt!
arobb

Post by arobb »

Nope. No luck on the trident. Sorry!
Scottism

Post by Scottism »

Anyone from Wichita going to great life? If so can you bring Michaels stilletto to him?
Flickster

Post by Flickster »

Tb is also in Salina, thanks for fishing out my boss man!
CHAIN BISKITS