Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

1880 DOUBLES @ CAMP HAWK Oct 4th, 2014

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
Swede

1880 DOUBLES @ CAMP HAWK Oct 4th, 2014

Post by Swede »

4th Annual 1880 / 1740 Doubles Championships!
Saturday October 4th, 2014
Harvey County Camp Hawk Newton, KS

WHAT: A Bring Your Own Partner, multiple format, doubles disc golf experience. 1880 is a rating's capped competition based on you and your partner's 2014 PDGA or KDGA tournament performances.

2 Divisions are offered: 1880 and 1740. A team's combined player ratings may not exceed the divisional cap.

HOW: 2 rounds of 20 holes played in a variety of doubles formats including Best Shot, Tough Shot, Alternating Shot, and Switch Shot.

WHO: Each team member must have 5 rated rounds in 2014 to be eligible. If you are not a PDGA member, I give PDGA-equivalent ratings (K-Ratings) for many events in Kansas. Here is a list of the Events that will get K-Ratings (more will be added as they get on the schedule). Here is a link to Current K-Ratings.

HOW MUCH: $70 per team (Includes 2 tourney-stamped discs, online fees, and an ace fund)

PAYOUT: Cash Money!

SIGN ME UP: This event filled the last 2 years with 40 teams. Player ratings will be locked after Sept 14th. Online Registration will run Sept 18th thru 27th. No sign up after the 27th.

I WANT TO HELP: Want to ensure you and your eligible partner get a spot? Don't mind helping fund K-Ratings and course improvement? Consider sponsoring early. A donation of $100 or more pays your team's entry, secures your spot before registration even opens and gets you first choice of tournament discs and starting holes. Donate Now!

Big Dan Harms has offered that the largest sponsor will be invited to join the Hyzernauts for our slightly posh lunch--past lunches have included grilled cedar-plank salmon, Mediterranean sirloin wraps with tzatziki sauce, smoked almonds, chardonnay and a PB&J.
Last edited by Swede on Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Re: 1880 DOUBLES @ CAMP HAWK Oct 4th, 2014

Post by Swede »

1880 Doubles is back on the menu. Kansas' funkiest tourney continues to evolve so here is a quick look at the changes this year...

As we seek to balance competition and inclusion, the second division ratings cap will be raised from 1700 to 1740. After analyzing the numbers from last year, I've decided that 1880 and 1740 caps will give us the most options for team pairings. Happy to explain my thinking further to anyone interested.

Entry fees are up about $7.50 per team but every player gets a tourney stamped disc. This should simplify signup and speed up the awards.

Still tinkering with the perfect format/hole pairings as we seek to keep the fun, fair, hair-pulling challenges while improving flow and speed of play. Get your coffee brewing early because this year you'll be facing all four Tough Shot holes in the morning round!
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Best Shot: (Normal Doubles) Players A and B both drive. They decide which of their shots to throw from. Both throw. Repeat until a putt is made.

Tough Shot: Players A and B both drive. Their opponents decide which is the tougher lie. Both players throw from the tougher lie. Repeat until a putt is made.
*You MUST choose the lie that you feel will result in a worse score for your opponent. Failure to do so will result in disqualification of BOTH teams.

Switch Shot: Players A and B drive. Player A finishes the hole from B's drive. B finishes the hole from A's drive. The better score is taken.

Switch Bonus: Played the same as Switch Shot but if a team gets 2 birdies, it is scored as an ace (1).

Alternating Shot: Player A throws first. B throws second from A's lie. Continue alternating shots until the hole is completed.
*Maintain the throwing order through the entire 3-hole section of Alt Shot holes. If A taps in the putt, B drives the next hole.

Likely Holes/Format pairings...

Click here if image does not appear
Throw Millennium.
DELP

Post by DELP »

So do I understand correctly that I may use Pdga rounds for the 1880? I will only have 4 kdga rounds by 1880
Swede

Post by Swede »

DELP wrote:So do I understand correctly that I may use Pdga rounds for the 1880? I will only have 4 kdga rounds by 1880
I'd encourage you to get in another KDGA round or two. But yeah, as long as you've got 5 rated rounds in 2014 you're good to go. When you've got 5, PM me with your full name and PDGA number/events played.
Throw Millennium.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

I will be looking for a partner. I won't have enough rounds for a rating until after Keeper of the Chains but it is 980 now, and i can't imagine it bein lower than that. So anyone in that 870-900 range that is looking, hit me up.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

jump_putter wrote:I will be looking for a partner. I won't have enough rounds for a rating until after Keeper of the Chains but it is 980 now, and i can't imagine it bein lower than that. So anyone in that 870-900 range that is looking, hit me up.
WOW! Who's going to jump all over this opportunity?
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

No need to be a smartass Boebo. :)
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
smitty

Post by smitty »

Pretty sure he was giving you a complement.
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

I was just joking.

I am looking tho. I've never played this one and want to badly.
Seriously, if you're in that range and can wait till after KOC to firm up a partner, holler at me.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
belsan21

Post by belsan21 »

jump_putter wrote:I was just joking.

I am looking tho. I've never played this one and want to badly.
Seriously, if you're in that range and can wait till after KOC to firm up a partner, holler at me.
My rating is currently 899. I hope to play better over the next few tourneys, and our ratings might not work if I do, or if you do, but I'll be looking for a partner in the 965-980 range depending on my rating after KOC. Just throwing my name out there either for you Ronnie or for another player rated in that range if Ronnie and I can't play together.

-Joe Belsan
jump_putter

Post by jump_putter »

It will be close for sure Joe. Sounds good to me if we get in under the max though.
-Ronnie Unruh #20079
Swede

Post by Swede »

Adkins hooked us up with a Donation page! $100 minimum is your $70 tourney fee plus $30 donation.

Why donate?
1)Secure your spot before the online reg. opens Sept 18th
2)Help fund new tee-pad markers
3)Be a Hero
4)Pick your starting hole
5)First choice of tourney discs
6)Largest donation earns lunch with Big Dan and the Hyzernauts.
7)Secret surprise

LET ME DONATE ALREADY!
Throw Millennium.
Swede

Post by Swede »

Giganitacal THANK YOU to Nathan Taylor, Buddy Kassner, and Big Dan Harms for your generous donations. You all rock harder than most!

Teams won't be official until after the Sept 14th but expect to see these guys @ 1880 DUBS

First Timers:
The Black Ties TEAM Well Taylored
Nate Taylor and David Blackwell

Four TImers:
The BFF's TEAM Lean On Me
Buddy Kassner
Jeff Ring

Two Timers:
The G-Willies TEAM Glaziers
Dan "Glass Man" Harms
Will Whillock

Now I usually stick to my guns when it comes to the team names but Dan requested a new name that didn't reference objects sold at an adult "tupperware party". Since he is providing lunch for the largest donor in addition to his cash donation, I thought I'd ask you all what you thought of these options...

The Idle Threat TEAM Will Harm
The Red Rovers TEAM Lock Arms
The Dill Hillocks TEAM Wan Warms
Throw Millennium.
Boebo

Post by Boebo »

Idle threat...no dought about it!
"YOU CAN'T SELL SHORT
YOU CAN'T TEACH TALL
& YOU CAN'T BUY COOL"