Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Anthony Octhrowberfest - October 10th

Tournament information for KDGA Oz Tour events
pironix

Anthony Octhrowberfest - October 10th

Post by pironix »

After an extended hiatus the KDGA is returning to Anthony!

Here's what you need to know...

Lake Anthony Octhrowber Challenge
Anthony City Lake
October 10th

Open - $40
Advanced - $35
Intermediate - $30
Rec - $25 (Trophy only)

Optional Ace Fund - $5

There must be three players to form a division (with the exception of women's and juniors if there is any interest).

All pre-registered players will receive a player's pack with some Handeye goodies! You can pre-register at http://www.kansasdiscgolf.com/kdga/inde ... ?trnID=472. Field is limited to 90 players!

James Guy is working on an alternate course that will be used for the second round if we can get it ironed out before the tournament!

Current Sponsors -
Handeye Supply Co.
Air Capital Disc Golf Club
Hyzernauts
Duck's Flying Discs
Salt City Flight Club
Mace Man
Guyster

Re: Anthony Octhrowberfest - October 10th

Post by Guyster »

$100 added to pro payout with additional $100 potential when 10 pro's sign up. This is just the beginning of $$ donations. Get signed up and keep checking in for updates.
pironix

Post by pironix »

The Anthony Octhrowber Challenge is a little over a week away! Things are coming together, have picked up a few new sponsors!

We've added a Juniors division, sounds like there will be a strong showing from some local juniors already!

James Guy is throwing in $100 with another $100 to come if we get over 10 or more pro players signed up! Kristy's Cafe has thrown in $75 in gift cards so you can get a free lunch if you win one of the CTPs during the first round. James is drumming up more local sponsorship so there should be even more added cash by the end of this week.

As a reminder, all pre-registered players will be receiving a players pack brought to you by Handeye Supply! You can pre-register on the KDGA website at http://kansasdiscgolf.com/kdga/index.ph ... gistration.

Duck will be on hand to provide payout and of course to help you replace any discs that the lake takes victim!

There are a few temporary holes being setup to make this a 21 hole course. James and I were driving around the course and I just couldn't resist a sweet tree lined tunnel shot. There will also be a short (200ish feet) island shot for hole 21!

If you have any questions shoot me a message here or give me a call, 316-209-7389!
Guyster

Post by Guyster »

Local, and not-so-local, sponsors have stepped up to the plate over the past 2 weeks in a big way! Cash, discs and sponsor gift cards have been collected (and are still coming in) so plan on spending this October Saturday at the lake! Last I checked, it's going to be sunny and 78!

Camping is available.
pironix

Post by pironix »

Last call for pre-registration for Anthony, registration will be turned off on the website at 10 pm tonight! Weather is looking to be perfect, high of 80 with a little breeze.

A couple of changes from the first poster... There is a Juniors division being offered at $20/entry. These kids may have the biggest division from what I'm hearing! Recreational has been changed to include payout instead of trophy only as well.

Hit me up if you have questions - 316-209-7389. I'll be out there bright and early tomorrow morning, registration opens at 8:30(ish).
pironix

Post by pironix »

Pre-registered players:

MPO Crispin Carrasco
MPO Ben Maass
MPO Steve Stuber
MPM Chris Dendurent
MM1 Harold Quade
MM1 Jeff Laha
MJ1 Dax Dendurent
MJ1 Jarrett Angle
MA3 Jason Busche
MA3 Lee Penner
MA2 Chuck Stout
MA2 Jason Winkel
MA2 Michael Chisholm
MA2 Craig Winters
MA2 Bill Taylor
MA1 James Guy
MA1 Jason Adkins
MA1 Nate Taylor
MA1 Jason Adkins
MA1 Stephen Sawyers
smitty

Post by smitty »

Looks like Jason Adkins is going to be busy. Filling two spots and acting as TD!
Swede

Post by Swede »

smitty wrote:Looks like Jason Adkins is going to be busy. Filling two spots and acting as TD!
He covered for Maass and Scoob. Actually played 3 spots. Confusing when he beat his own ctps.
Throw Millennium.
jlaha

Post by jlaha »

Great tournament -thanks for all your work Jason and the crew that got the course in such great shape and for getting all the sponsors.
Darren B

Post by Darren B »

scores please
Darren B. - LRDGC
Swede

Post by Swede »

Thanks for all the hard work and generous sponsorships from the locals out in Anthony. Lunch at Kristy's was a hit. Piro will get the scores up soon.

Any locals come across my JLS, I'll set you up with a little cash or a few discs. Think it was hole 5(?), the peninsula. Small tree on the right (behind 6's tee) snagged it and we never saw it down. Hot Pink.
Throw Millennium.
pironix

Post by pironix »

I want to say a huge thank you to all came out to Lake Anthony for the tournament! I was off in my initial count of folks but we still had 27 of you crazies out there enjoying some beautiful October weather.

I still can't believe that we were able to pull in $500 in cash sponsorship, 30 discs to give away, free bottled water and at least five of you cats got free lunch at Kristy's Kafe! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all who threw in the various forms of sponsorship and the local guys for canvassing the businesses in town to drum up sponsorships as well.

Thanks to the generous sponsorship we were able to do all of this...

All pre-registered players (half the field) received a Handeye players pack with either a shirt or a hat plus a mini worth at least $15 bucks (depending on what you picked) that was covered in sponsored cash.

First round had five CTPs broken down by division, all of these guys received a $15 dollar gift card to Kristy's Kafe.
Second round we had five more CTPs, again broken down by division. Each of these winners received two new discs.

There were also two all day CTPs, one for longest putt on hole 19, and one for CTP on the 200 foot island green hole. I believe Duck and Jeff Laha each walked away with two discs from these.

Last, but not least... Deaner got two new discs for the lost disc bounty. It didn't make up for the five he donated to the lake over the two rounds though!

Gene's Heartland Foods provided bottled water which was needed as the sun and wind beat us up. Who would have thought I'd leave with a sunburn during October?

Each junior received a Legacy Nemesis courtesy of Duck's (except Jarrett who managed to snag a Smitty dyed Jade!) in addition to the payout listed below.

Can't forget the run for the roses... lots of Mace Man t-shirts and two blank metal minis plus a bunch more discs!

4 guys were also lucky enough to grab $25 in cash from the ace fund throw off.

I can't say enough thank yous to all those who pitched in to help make this tournament what it was. With all of the competing events in the area Saturday I was beyond excited to break my goal of 25 people. I'd love to hear any feedback you might have so we can make this bigger and better for future years on the Oz tour!

Results are below...

MPO Brandon Nelson 54 53 107 $140
MPO Crispin Carrasco 55 57 112 $85
MPO Chris Dendurent 58 62 120 $60
MPO Derek Dean 65 64 129
MPO Nate Taylor 64 72 136
MM1 Jeff Laha 66 66 132 $100
MM1 David Cox 68 69 137 $60
MM1 Harold McQuade 75 74 149
MM1 Lee Penner 82 72 154
MJ1 Branden Winkel 79 82 161 $65
MJ1 Dax Dendurent 85 90 175 $40
MJ1 Dakota Cribbs 107 100 207
MJ1 Jarrett Angle 90 999 DNF
MA3 Cory Reida 73 73 146 $85
MA3 Jason Busche 75 75 150 $55
MA3 Aiden Guy 82 78 160 $40
MA3 Ken Schuler 83 88 171
MA3 Jon Lyon 95 102 197
MA2 Craig Winters 69 63 132 $105
MA2 Chuck Stout 73 71 144 $65
MA2 Jason Winkel 79 70 149 $50
MA2 Scott Carpenter 79 71 150
MA2 Bill Taylor 80 73 153
MA2 Michael Chisholm 82 80 162
MA1 James Guy 67 63 130 $85
MA1 Jason Adkins 72 60 132 $50
MA1 Stephen Sawyers 63 75 138
Swede

Post by Swede »

That is a spectacular amount of loot. Can't think of a better funded small tourney in a long time. Y'all better hope Anthony is back on the schedule next year.

Now let's see if Ellsworth can out-sponorship you!

#thestashwasfat
Throw Millennium.
ChainedEvil

Post by ChainedEvil »

I would like to say thanks to all of the 27 players that showed up to play on our course at the Anthony Lake. A special thanks to Jason Adkins for TDing the tournament and thanks to all the sponsors Ducks Flying DIscs, Hyzernauts, Air Capital Disc Golf Club, and HandEye Supply Co. Huge thanks to the local Anthony business for their added support and a Huge thanks to Bulldog Supply and Dark Oil Company from Attica for their contributions.
Hats off to James Guy and Jason Busche for their work in securing the sponsorships of the local business and for their help in preparing the course so we all could enjoy an afternoon of fun disc golf action.
Hats off to all of those who helped with the running of this tournament whether it be in marking OB lines, setting up baskets, counting scorecards, picking up tee signs etc., your help was greatly appreciated.
I hope that we can do this again next year and in the years to come. It was a fun tournament and if you didn't get the opportunity to play then you missed out on the fun and we hope to see you next year.
Thanks again
Craig Winters
scarpfish

Post by scarpfish »

I knew that 7 I took on Hole 14 in the AM was going to cost me by days end. Argh! :x

I just wanted to thank Jason, Duck and crew for putting on a fun small event. Wish we could have had a few more folks in attendance, but there was a lot going on last weekend. Hopefully, this will set the stage for bigger things in the future.