Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

What is up with Smitty?

Throwing techniques/styles, training, practice
smitty

Re: What is up with Smitty?

Post by smitty »

First post operation visit today. 2 more weeks in the sling, then I get to start some ROM exercises.
Ruder

Post by Ruder »

dont be offended but I had to drop you from my fantasy team
I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
smitty

Post by smitty »

You are going to be sorry.
smitty

Post by smitty »

Week 3:

Still not able to move my shoulder. I have noticed that I have been able to use it a little more when out of the sling. Also, I have very little pain.

I am ready to get rid of the sling and start moving!
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Don't push yourself. It looked like you were a little too aggressive on the chip dipping at Maguey's this evening.
smitty

Post by smitty »

mrsenortyler wrote:Don't push yourself. It looked like you were a little too aggressive on the chip dipping at Maguey's this evening.
:D

All left handed buddy! :D
basket_case

Post by basket_case »

I hope you feel better Mr. Smitty. Really sorry to hear about your shoulder. I guess this means no games of putt for awhile. :(

BTW, did you at least have a chance to throw the Nuke before your injury?
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Did you go to the Doctor today?
smitty

Post by smitty »

Went to the doctor.

No more sling!!

Let the pain begin. I have 5 Range of Motion exercises that I do 5 times daily. Lift the arm as high as I can in different directions then push with a stick a little extra. Lets just say that each one normally ends with S#(% or F($%.
smitty

Post by smitty »

After 1 week of Range of Motion exercises, the arm is starting to work and has very little pain.

I can lift it straight up over my head, out to the side and over my head, up like a punch over my head. All these have gained a ton since Monday. Monday I could get my hand just about even with my nose.

These exercises do hurt like a biznitch! As soon as I cannot move my hand any farther I have to use a stick to move it farther.

I also have to do some rotation exercises, and those have not come around nearly as far. On exercise I have to basically try to scratch my back reaching up towards my shoulder blades. This is absolute murder and I will be surprised if my are will ever move that direction again.

Have a feeling it is going to be hard to not throw a disc in the next few weeks.
ronconversjr

Post by ronconversjr »

2 stretches for you. First, the towel stretch. Use a towel in your left hand and over your left shoulder to raise your right arm behind your back. Pull team pull!
Second, use a stationary object about waist high( or where comfortable). Put your back to the support and use your legs to support your weight. Hold on to the top edge of the support and do a knee bend, as far as you can comfortably...stretch.
Please speak to your care expert before attempting any new exercise....These are just a few of the ones which worked for my exterior rotation. Ps. These were the hardest on my pain threshold except for "assisted stretching".
Specializing in Zen golf!
www.DynamicDiscs.com
smitty

Post by smitty »

Already doing a version of each and they hurt like crazy.
mrsenortyler

Post by mrsenortyler »

Any advice on wiping, Ron? Sometimes I have trouble getting all the poop.