Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

Lost Discs in Wichita

What's happenin' in Wichita
one19

Re: Lost Discs in Wichita

Post by one19 »

Cash money $$ paid for red/orange ESP Avenger SS with Tournament stamp from "The Rock".

Left at Herman Hill.

`
------------------------------------ <>

flip your lid, daddy-o !

`
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

cfluty wrote:$$$ reward for a blue proto stamp champion ape, Herman hill, hole 16 mossy pond in front of short pin.
Was found and I actually got a call on it, thanks!
BlueDreamz

Post by BlueDreamz »

I've got a white star destroyer with a handeye stamp in the river on 6 at HH. Went in probably 50ish short of the short pin. Cash money for it's bounty!
And boom goes the dynamite...
cfluty

Post by cfluty »

Cash reward for a red/gold colorshift latitude bolt with 2011 pro worlds stamp. River on 6, near the middle of the hole at the peninsula of rocks that are the farthest out. Could be down the river too, current was pretty strong.
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

I lost a green Echo Star X-Calibur at the Doo Dah on hole 14 at Herman.

Lost a purple Echo Star Wraith at league tonight on hole 12 at Oak.
DUH

Post by DUH »

Hey Mike/ ACDGC;

We should look into some proactive methods to get these theivin kids to quit stealing our discs. Surely I'm not the only one upset about losing plastic at Doo-Dah & not getting it back just because some kids were all prepped to get in the river & take our plastic...

May be a good issue to discuss what we can do about it at the next board meeting. :idea:
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Not sure what we could possibly do other than confront the individuals in question. I know Ryan Doyle at Disc Golf Mania buys these, but will make a call and re-sell to those who have lost these for just the cost he paid to get them. Not a bad deal if you want your disc back. Remember to check there.
DUH

Post by DUH »

I did check with Ryan. He's the one who told me that kids were raiding the river right after Doo-Dah was over... Ryan says no-one's brought them in.

There's got to be something we can do... If these kids have to be confronted, they might get beat up! I was thinking more along the lines of posting some courteous signs, maybe getting the city/police involved to help spread the word, anything that would make people aware we're not happy about losing these discs!
Dirty Dave

Post by Dirty Dave »

I found a blue classic roc with Rings name on it and a green star boss with buddys name on it in the pond at oak by 6. There was no phone numbers on them. If you guys want them back call me at 619-0656. I also seen one of rings disc at disc mania. Cant remember what it was.
Dave Caldwell
My disc is bigger than your disc
disc_golf_mania

Post by disc_golf_mania »

Ring's disc at the store is a Glow Xcal that he had traded in.
iqbal

Post by iqbal »

I left a chair in the parking lot at oak Thursday night. It's a blue tripod and has my name it. I know it's not a disc but I didn't want to start a new discussion called "lost chairs in Wichita".
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Don Zimmerman has it. He said he might see you before I will.
Nathan_328

Post by Nathan_328 »

Went and played Oak today (7.23.11) and my pink Nuke ss went into the drink(hole 17). There were some guys trolling for discs so just wanted to throw something out there in case someone sees/saw it. Name and number on the disc. Thanks! Nathan.
DUH

Post by DUH »

Sorry to burst your bubble, Nathan, but people do NOT return discs in Wichita- It SUCKS!
I've gotten more discs back from out of state than I have from here :?

Hence why I posted that we should do something about it...
flicky

Post by flicky »

DUH wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, Nathan, but people do NOT return discs in Wichita- It SUCKS!
I've gotten more discs back from out of state than I have from here :?

Hence why I posted that we should do something about it...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I just got a call to return a disc I lost last week.

....apparently Sharks don't float even in a few inches of River (hahah).... my favorite overstable midrange so I replaced it right away, but I would consider it his unless I run into him on the course and doesn't like throwing sharks and wants to give it back... so C'est la vie.