Due to inactivity the KDGA forums have been locked. All past threads are still available. Please join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/groups/kansasdiscgolf!

PDGC Meeting Oct 5, 2006 @ Barclay College, Haviland

Pratt news and info
beisner

PDGC Meeting Oct 5, 2006 @ Barclay College, Haviland

Post by beisner »

PDGC Meeting Oct 5, 2006 @ Barclay College, Haviland Course

We'll meet @ the course around 5:30, tee-off and play a round before meeting, eating and discussing @ the Bear's Den. The Bear's Den has a pool table, ping pong table, awesome burgers and sandwiches and a nice relaxed sitting area.

Ed Castleberry and Cort Hughes will be meeting me at 5:00 at my office (216 S Main in Pratt) to car pool. I'll have room for one or two more.

On the agenda: go over bank balances, approve spending for 8 more Mach IV baskets and collars for Pratt May Dennis Park via the Pratt Parks Department.

If you're a member, or are interested in providing input, please post your wishes here, or attend if you can. Either way, we will always take your input to the table!
/-=\_29151~-^\_
beisner

Post by beisner »

We're getting a price quote for 8 MachV's with collars from DGA.

We OK'd spending all but $500 of club money, to cover Aces.

We're going to talk with city officials about possibly matching baskets.

We talked about the Lemon Park Ice Bowl, will also talk with city folks about this.

Mark Newland, one of our newer members, has been a big help with the city representation. We're hopeful and excited to see progress with our course.

Next on the list: make an official layout in 6th street park. There have been many variations over the years. In fact, I played 6th street park's "local folk" original layout years ago, before the May Dennis course existed. That layout will be mostly put to bed, RIP. But that park has plenty of room for a permanent 18! I think we may pursue installation of collars at minimum, so that we can move the Mach Vs for special events.

That's all I know for now. As always ... we invite KDGA members and Pratt-regulars to provide input on the layouts. We will try our best to post dates/times for park-walking and decision-making in advance.
/-=\_29151~-^\_
Schoen-hopper

Post by Schoen-hopper »

Thanks for the information update, Beisner!

Good luck with your possible course installation